Alden Snuff Suede Penny Loafers

June 1, 2011

Summer’s arrival provides a great opportunity to give your normal footwear a much needed vacation and add some suede to your shoe squad. I often feel that the switch to suede offers a rakish look that is a welcomed change of pace from the typical brown leather brogues.

I recently had my summertime suede needs quenched by the Alden Unlined Flex Penny Loafers in Snuff Suede and I couldn’t be more satisfied. As with all Alden action, you can expect a striking shoe that has all the other properties of well made footwear: leather outsoles, the upper hand sewn on the last with with Goodyear Welted construction, leather insoles and beneath a layer of cork, triple ribbed with a tempered steel shank.

If you like what you see, head over to The Shoe Mart to procure your own.

1. June 1, 2011 7:07 pm

There is nothing better than snuff suede. Those look outstanding, J.

2. Manuel permalink
    June 2, 2011 11:47 am

Beautiful pair of shoes! I just added them to my list of things to buy.

3. June 2, 2011 3:40 pm

Very handsome. Great choice.

4. June 10, 2011 4:17 pm

Looks great on you J. I own a pair of Alden loafers and I proudly wear it to every occasion – from super formal events to our weekly guys night outs. You can’t find style, fit and wearability on any other loafers out there.

Bob Alton
    Businessman/Struggling Artist
    penny loafers for women

5. Patrick permalink
    July 16, 2011 9:52 am

Regular size in these or is there a need to size down at all?

6. July 16, 2011 10:12 am

They are the Van Last, so I moved down 1/2 size from my normal shoe size.

For an Alden Last list, which is usually a good reference point for when you need to move down, check out Alden of Carmel: http://tinyurl.com/5tc2b68

7. January 4, 2012 11:40 am

Hey Buddy – thinking ahead for summer. You still recommend these?

1. Style | The $1000 Plan For Spring « Crabapple
  2. Alden Sand Suede Chukka Boot « A Headlong Dive.