Navy Shawl Collar Cardigan | Assemblage

August 16, 2011

I love the navy shawl collar cardigan but then again, what man doesn’t enjoy wearing sage old fisherman garb or emulating the style of JFK? Since I don’t typically wear any type of sweater during the summer, one of the first items that crosses my mind when the weather begins to turn is this maritime classic.

Though typically released during the spring, I can’t help but turn to this nautical apparel anytime I require a light layer. The good news is because they are brought out during spring, most are heavily discounted this time of year. Whether you prefer the cable knitted or toggle buttoned, take a look at these navy blue beauties and get a sweater to help you navigate your way into autumn for half the price.

J. Crew

Rugby

Gant

Jack Spade

Land’s End Canvas

Lacoste

Paul Smith

Brooks Brothers

-DJS

1. August 16, 2011 9:38 am

I fell in love with this one over the weekend from H&M: http://www.hm.com/us/product/93204?article=93204-B. Tried it on, it’s lightweight but incredibly versatile.

2. August 16, 2011 9:41 am

Liking those pockets… and the price.

3. Some Dude permalink
    August 16, 2011 6:30 pm

too rich for my blood but I love this

4. Shawn permalink
    August 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Stripes on that BB are a winner, but is it more of a standard BB boxy cut? Shape of the Gant looks prime…if only my shoulder/gut ratio were the same as the cardigan’s.

5. Pops permalink
    August 17, 2011 12:11 am

Archival clothing has a nice made in the USA option. Purchased it several months ago. Fit is great and the quality is top notch.

6. August 17, 2011 2:42 pm

If you’re account is in the black then this is the best one I’ve found. I’ve never been steered wrong with Epaulet.

7. August 19, 2011 7:15 am

hmmm. the Brooks or the Land’s End, dammit I’m gonna end up spending some money here lol

1. Ivy Inspired