Oak St. Bootmakers | Natural Beefroll Penny Loafer

September 11, 2011

My good friend Shawn recently procured a pair of Oak St. Bootmakers Natural Penny’s and was kind enough to let me take a few photos of his newly acquired footwear.  Even though I have my fair share of Oak Street action (Trail Oxford & Camp Boot) seeing these in person makes it difficult not to pull the trigger on a pair of my own.

As with all Oak St. footwear, they are designed in Chicago and handmade in Maine.  These beefroll beauts are made with Natural Horween Chromexcel leather and hand-stitched moccasin construction. They have a leather sole with a stacked leather heel and a form-fitting inner.

If you are considering a pair, I might recommend sizing down a half size, especially if you are planning on going sans socks.  Can’t wait to see how these age in the coming months, as the Natural Chromexcel will have dark and golden patina like none other.

Make your way over to Oak St. Bootmakers to get in on the action.

1. September 13, 2011 1:21 am

Oh, no. Now they make it in Natural? I’m done for. Looks – too – good.

• Shawn permalink
      September 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Man, these things are absolutely great. If you’ve got the scratch, indulge the itch.

• platitudeman permalink
        April 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Shawn,
        Not sure if you’ll see this post this late. Beautiful shoes. These pictures spurred my itch to buy a pair. I’m torn between the original beefroll loafer and the natural shown here. Do you have any (lifestyle?!) pictures of these being worn with, say, chinos? I love the natural color, but I’m concerned it won’t be as versatile as the original.

Thank you!

2. September 23, 2011 11:02 am

These are probably the nicest penny loafers I’ve seen.

3. September 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Some damn good loafers from my home state. Love the blog, man. Added you to my blog links..

4. September 29, 2011 12:49 am

Those jeans don’t do these shoes justice….they are distracting.

• Shawn permalink
      October 1, 2011 2:22 pm

You’re right. But when you’re losing weight at a clip of 10# per month, having pants that fit perfect is an expensive indulgence.

1. Up Close and Personal w/ Oak St. Bootmakers New Collection « A Headlong Dive.