Alden Natural Chromexcel Indy Boot

October 2, 2011

My Alden Indy in Natural Chromexcel arrived just in time for autumn.  I can’t think of a better combination than the marriage of Horween’s Natural CXL and the legendary Alden Indy Boot.  Words fail when trying to describe just how exquisite the Natural CXL looks in person.  Though I’m not typically a work boot kind of guy in my everyday attire, that might now have to change.  If you are pondering a pair, remember that they are made on the Trubalance Last and most folks size down 1/2 size.

As described, “Supple full leather lining, Neo-cork outsoles, vegetable tanned leather insoles. Unsurpassed for breathable comfort and long wear, it assumes over time the contours of your foot shape giving a truly custom quality to the fit.  Beneath the insole is a layer of cork, providing additional resilience and insulation.  Every Alden New England shoe carries a tempered steel shank, precisely contoured and triple ribbed for extra strength.  Truly the backbone of a fine welt shoe or boot, the shank provides the proper support and shape required to give comfort throughout the day.”

Though there are plenty of work boot options out there, none will top these.  If man can make a better boot, it is yet to be created.  Make your way over to The Shoe Mart to get your hands on and feet in a pair of your own.

1. October 3, 2011 3:36 am

These look amazing, love my 405′s. Great detailed photos too!

2. October 3, 2011 6:43 am

And there they are- congratulations on your new arrival! They look even better in your shots than in the original studio pics. Enjoy-

3. October 3, 2011 7:36 am

Wow – they look great, man. My favorite part is the slim toe – so many workboots look like clown shoes because of the ballooned toe – these are sleek. Wear them well!

• October 3, 2011 8:10 am

I’m with you on the toe-box area. That is usually my beef with most boots like the 1000 miles and the Danner hiking joints.

Somehow the Alden Indy finds a good middle ground between work wear and black-tie.

4. October 3, 2011 11:11 am

Glad they arrived! I’ve been wearing mine every chance I get, they are probably the most comfortable pair of Alden’s I own. They break in and start to wear quickly, too, which is great. I’m wearing them right now, actually.

5. October 7, 2011 10:46 am

Those look damn sharp. That leather is only going to look better as it ages and gets some wear into it. Jealous.

6. G. Diamond permalink
    October 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Great looking boot- I have been searching for that style for years.

7. January 14, 2012 12:37 am

Nice pics! I am looking to purchase a pair in the near future. Share some current pics please. I’d like to see how the look a few months in.

• alex permalink
      October 13, 2013 1:19 am

I’d love to see an updated picture, one that shows the way they are aging!

1. Alden for J.Crew Longwing Bluchers | Natural & Navy « A Headlong Dive.
  2. Alden for J. Crew Longwing Bluchers | Natural & Navy
  3. Alden + Unionmade | Natural CXL Sutter Tassel Mocc « A Headlong Dive.
  4. Alden + Need Supply | Church Hill Indy Boot | A Headlong Dive.