Prince Albert Slipper | Assemblage

January 5, 2012

Historically Prince Albert Slippers were made with velvet uppers with quilted silk linings and worn by English nobility as house shoes reserved for formal affairs had on their estate.  Typically worn during lavish events with elegant attire like the tuxedo, over the years the Prince Albert Slipper has found its way into more casual habitats.

While black is the classic coloration (matching black-tie garments), today’s Alberts come in a variety of options to match a man’s less stately apparel.  And while I wouldn’t necessarily wear them with everyday casual wear, these updated slippers (with soles that can be worn outside one’s home) can be paired with plenty from a man’s wardrobe.  Take a look at the range of options available in the Prince Albert.

Rugby

Bowhill & Elliott

Broadland

Ralph Lauren

Del Toro

Brooks Bros.

Stubbs & Wootton

Charles Philip Shanghai

Shipton & Heneage

1. January 5, 2012 10:31 am

fun story – its always interesting to discover how things originated.

2. January 5, 2012 11:25 am

Don’t forget Shipton & Heneage. It’s their bread and butter.

3. Ekene permalink
    January 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Check out this link for a cheaper yet equally stylish version of these slippers

4. January 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Love the Rugby and Brooks Brothers pairs!

5. tim permalink
    January 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Do they have Prince Albert in a can?

6. August 18, 2012 11:08 am

http://www.Teliard.com has a great collection of Prince Albert Slippers

• Jane permalink
      November 8, 2012 9:36 pm

WARNING ON TELIARD: Teliard is definitely a scam artist. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM TELIARD. Take a closer look at their website – no address, no phone number, no names or contact information for/of anyone in the company. I ordered shoes 21 days ago, paid $225 with my credit card – and nothing. I received an email receipt, and that was it. No response when I sent an email via the link on their website. No response when I direct replied to their email receipt. The phone number on my credit card statement associated with Teliard is out of service. Their articles of incorporation are bogus – google them to find that data. This is a complete scam. I am working with federal law enforcement to shut them down. STAY AWAY – they are completely fraudulent.

• Burned permalink
      November 9, 2012 2:26 pm

Teliard is a scam. Called my CC company to dispute the charge for an order placed but never received. They had a phone number listed on the “UpFront Merchant” button, but that is gone now and all their eBay listings have been removed. They went radio silent on me immediately after placing an order.

Just so happens the guy who step my “order” was named Mike too.

Don’t trust ‘em folks.

7. Stan Malone permalink
    November 12, 2012 4:05 pm

I ordered from Teliard in July of 2012. They kept pushing back the delivery date of my slippers for various reasons – they weren’t dry yet, they were help up in quality control, etc. They also promised pictures of them which I never received. Eventually they told me that the slippers would be free and they issued me a refund statement but never issued a credit. I disputed the charge with my bank and in October finally received a permanent credit.

Fast forward to last week (first week of November), when the charge appeared again on my statement. As noted above, their phone number is invalid and they haven’t responded to my emails. I’ve started the dispute process again, changed my debit card number, filed a complaint with the Central Florida Better Business Bureau, and added my story to similar complaints online.

Cavet emptor.

8. Julian permalink
    October 16, 2013 2:47 am

http://Smytheanddigby.com has some decent ones too.